How Can Press Release Increase Web Traffic?
Publicity is crucial when running a business, whether your business is located offline or on the Internet. When a business has little or even no budget to promote, “Press Releases” are the most advantageous method to promote your business.
Writing press releases has become a good way to drive targeted traffic to your website. In fact, if you are not writing press releases you are missing the best way to boost targeted web site traffic to your website.
Online press releases provides a good platform to reach massive online communities. A well prepared press release would attract journalists and is well optimized for distribution to a targeted audience.
The following are the three effective ways to increase targeted traffic to your website.
Press Releases can create hundreds of back links to your website.
- By publishing press release to News services on the Internet, you can get links from highly rated web sites. Additionally, press releases will be picked up by other sites too that have similar content which creates even more links pointing to your site.
- Generating the links around the web towards websites increases its page rank automatically. Since the page rank goes up the higher site will be ranked in the search engines. As a result, more traffic will be driven to the website from the search engines.
- Regular press releases distribution about the website will emboss a brand name at the forefront in minds of the people. Keeping a business in front of the public is one of the best ways to promote a business and press releases is a great way to do so. The more often the website appears on the net the more it’s perceived as an expert in its niche.
How to draft an excellent press release:
- The beginning should be solid: Remember to make your title and initial lines cover, what you want to express. The remaining part of your press release should depict detailed information.
- Use product name repetitively: Repeat placements of the name of your service or product to make it eminent. For example write “Search Engine Optimization” instead of writing “SEO” this would make your product name much popular.
- Draft it for Journalists/Media agencies: The media agencies and journalists would grab your press release and publish it in their publications; they may slightly edit your press release.
- Consider the viewer’s way: You should consider to whom you are targeting your press release for, and what is their interest. Think, if you were a part of audience, would you like to read the press release you have written.
- Make your press release appear practical: Point out real facts of your company/organization, as readers are already so scholar enough to find out ‘what’s true and what’s not’?
- Make your story include real facts: Avoid untrue examples and add-ons. If you find the content is using too much added extras, make it natural and real. Your press release should be in an active voice, not passive. Verbs in the active voice make your press release live.
- Use only sufficient words: Avoid using superfluous adjectives, extravagant language, or unnecessary expressions like “The most powerful”. Tell your story with lesser words, as verbosity distracts from your content.
- Avoid usage of terminology: However, a limited use of terminology would be allowed if required, if you aim to optimize news releases for the Internet search engines. The finest technique to communicate your press release is to speak neatly, using regular words.
- Keep away from too many exclamations: Too much usage of exclamation point (!) may harm your press release. But, if you have to use an exclamation point, use only one.
- Get the company’s permission: Companies are very self-protective about their recognition and credibility. So, get written permission before putting in any information or quotes about the company.
- Company Information: The press release should include a short description of the company, which depicts your company, products, services and a brief history of company.
Now that you have find press releases as one of the best ways to boost targeted traffic to your website, consider using press releases as another tool in your marketing toolbox.
Ida Mae Boyd
Ida Mae Boyd